In this 7-minute video, Jess Johnson from MDFM answers questions about the new requirement for retirement village operators to prepare and maintain an Asset Management Plan for each of their villages.
1. What are the changes to the Aged Care Quality & Safety Standards come 1st July? What do managers need to know when it comes to them (asset management?)
2. Which new features of the updated reforms should aged care business operators be aware of when preparing or revising an Asset Management Plan?
3. What exactly is required of providers when implementing an Asset Management Plan, and the new reforms that have been introduced?
4. What are some of the obligations all operators’ MUST fulfil now in their Asset Management Plan?
5. Are there penalties operators could be charged with for non-compliance of the new reforms?
6. Can you outline the residents’ role in reviewing the plans prepared or revised by the operators of aged care facilities?
7. To help avoid an unannounced audit, what is the 5-step guide MDFM advises operators to follow in regard to preparing an Asset Management Plan?
8. What service does MDFM provide and how can you assist operators to ensure their service environment is operating at its peak? And how can they contact you?